EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
FOR ENGAGING PRIVATE SECTOR
TO UPGRADE & OPERATE SELECT GOVERNMENT SCHOOLS
THROUGH PUBLIC PRIVATE PARTNERSHIP ( PPP) MODE
Directorate of School Education (DOSE), GoUk, is planning to explore options to upgrade & operate government schools in remote areas by engaging private sector entities like alumni groups from these schools, philanthropists from these areas or attracting CSR funding to improve the school infrastructure and quality of education.
Project Outline :
This project shall have following salient features:
- The private sector may propose choice of government schools they would like to support/operate under this initiative.
- A framework shall be designed to check if the school is suitable for this initiative based on :
- Current strength of teachers and students
- The proposed plan of the private sector for up-gradation and management of school
- Availability of land in the school
- Endorsement of elected local body like panchayat, urban local body & parent’s association may also be made part of the project proposal
- Government shall provide these schools on as is where is basis.
- Up-gradation plans with rehabilitation of schools, addition of classes, other necessary infrastructure, day boarding, transport, residential facilities to cater to nearby population would be given preference.
- Private sector is expected to design, rehabilitate/upgrade, construct, operate and maintain the school for a certain period. This period maybe extended based on the performance of the school.
- School shall have to adhere to RTE and other obligations as per existing laws. School management shall provide minimum percentage of students as per the government prescribed fees structure to ensure affordable quality education to poor and needy families of the surrounding area.
- School should adhere to universal & secular education practices.
- The fee structure and other charges of the school shall be as approved by government and every effort should be made to keep it affordable and reasonable.
- Schools maybe affiliated with state board or CBSE as the case maybe.
- School infrastructure upgrade should adhere to modern norms of CBSE/Kendriya Vidyalay/Navoday Vidyalay/GoUK standards as the case maybe.
- Project proposals with self sustaining or full private funding shall be given preference. The possibility and extent of government support shall be decided based on feedback received after EOI stage.
Broad Scope of Work :
Scope of work for private sector partner would include following:
- Design, rehabilitate/upgrade, operate & maintain the schools as per agreed service levels
- Organizing finance for the project
- Provide other essential facilities like transport, day boarding etc.
- Provide all teaching related resources like trained & qualified teachers, administrative staff, teaching learning materials etc.
- Operate Manage the school strictly as non-profit entity.
- Conducting learning outcome assessment or participating in similar assessments conducted by DoSE or other reputed third parties and ensure achievement of key performance indicators of learning outcomes.
In case of any clarification on the EOI document please contact:
Shri Gajendra Singh Saun
Phone : +91-9412927014
For Submitting EOI, Please Download Detailed EOI Document
Detailed EOI: EOI :ENGAGING PRIVATE SECTOR TO UPGRADE & OPERATE SELECT GOVERNMENT SCHOOLSTHROUGH PPP MODE (49.66 kB 2015-07-03 04:16:44)
EOI Submission Due Date : July 30, 2015
Note : You would need to register yourself to download this file. Process is as below ( If you are already registered you can jump to step 5 of the process)
- Click on Register
- Give correct details about yourself and submit registration form.
- Check your email for activation link ( check the spam folder also if you dont find activation mail in inbox)
- Click on Activation link in the mail.
- After activation is complete, Please login and click on the file link on this article to download or go to download section directly)